To The Schoolhouse Playcare Centre
We provide a safe home-like environment where children can grow as unique individuals. We strive to work in partnership with you and your child to ensure a positive learning experience.
We enhance each child's level of development by striving to meet their individual needs, helping them reach their fullest potential, as well as respecting the family's uniqueness.
Our program implements the Reggio Emilia Approach to learning. We are committed to a holistic approach in providing quality care for all children.
Job Title: Food Preparer Position
Job Type: Permanent part time, 7:30 – 1:30 Monday to Friday
Location: Thunder Bay, ON, Elsie MacGill Location
Salary: $17.75 - $23.05 per hour depending on food preparer experience
We are seeking a skilled and experienced food preparer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for cooking with the understanding that it is not just about the feeding of children, it is about the experience of food.
- Knowledge of the Canada Food Guide
- Current Safe Food and Handling Certificate
- First Aid/CPR valid certificate
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience in cooking
- Has some knowledge around children and meal times in a Reggio Inspired environment
- Menu planning in accordance with the Canada Good Guide experience
- Ordering and shopping for groceries keeping with in a budget
- Strong knowledge of food preparation and cooking techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An ability and willingness to accomplish all duties as outlined in our job description
If you are passionate about cooking and have a keen eye for detail, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, cover letter, sample menu plan for a week to:Wanda Collins, Executive Director and Board of Directors, Schoolhouse Playcare Centre via email email@example.com
While we appreciate all the responses we receive, only those under consideration will be contacted.